Things I think could improve League of Legends

Personally I enjoy League of Legends, I think of it as a game where I can relax and at the same time be serious, challenge myself and become better as I learn, which if you read the article about "Why we play League of Legends", should be able to relate to.

Even though this is the case, I still think there are some major things that can be done, in order to improve the game even further, League of Legends has a natural competitive thing around it, so has MOBA games, the community in LoL is unfortunately not that great, comparing it with Starcraft 2, people flame more, community sites such as teamliquid.com has its closest competitor with solomid.net, and still there alot is missing, we have some guide there, forums but we need a tournament page, a newsfeed as big as on teamliquid might not be needed, but it would be great!
With that said, I still enjoy the community sites, and I do find them rather helpful.

I would also like to see some kind of ingame replay system, I have used lol replay client to record and view replays, but I think we lack the option of being able to watch pro players battle it out in summoners rift, without having to look for VOD's from event that has been streamed,
As you may know, I played alot of Starcraft 2, and the replay system there made me a better player, I was playing in Diamond league, which was the best league at the time I was playing, I know that there are different factors that makes you good in Leauge of Legends than in Starcraft 2, but the community could still benefit very much from an ingame system, you can see a good article that points what we should do to improve at lol here: link

Also ranked game modes for dominion or 1vs1 proving grounds could be a good thing to implement in order to attract other players that might not have a team, involving different teamplay, Even though that might require having to check if the ban system for the gamemodes have to be revised, for example the dominate dominion tournament bans 10 champions in total, whereas someting similarily has to be considered for proving grounds.

I can't wait to see the new ladder system, which is great, like in Starcraft 2 it gives smaller milestones and wakes up the competitive part of us.

For the community pages, maybe it could combine already established sites such as mobafire, solomid, championselect.net and such into one side, sponsoered by riot, having a tournament pag, making people able to see all online tournaments that we could participate in, update them ect.

A person one suggested another gamemode, with proving grounds having the potential of giving some new energy into gamemodes with nonestop action, maybe instead we could have some co-op vs minions survival game kind of style, inspiration could be drawn from Dawn of War 2 arena, making people co-op more and not flame so much, possibly that is.

Revise the ban system, the ban system seems to has been degraded, some pro players don't trust is, while this is also true for some players, others like it and thinks it gives some kind of protection from people who just flame, leave the game or go afk, but maybe something could be improved to restore peoples faith in the ban system.

TL:DR
five things I could see improve the game
1: Ingame replay system
2. Riot sponsored community page, combination of solomid, mobafire, championselect ect.
3. Ranked for dominion or 1v1 proving grounds
4. Another game mode: Arena co-op style taken from Dawn of War 2
5. Revise ban system to restore peoples faith in the system

So what do you think could improve League of Legends?
Cheers
// GrekMaR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CS:GO - Useful links and tips

My view on guides

CS:GO: money system, weapon rewards and money management